Friday, November 18, 2005

Wouldn't you believe how, in the middle of so many desillusions and disappointments, when you think you have lost your capacity of dreaming and hoping, something so simple, so trivial, can suddenly bring you back to dream again, if only for a second, of a higher ideal, something you owned precious when you were a little child, and somehow got lost in the way of becoming what you are today?

This morning I watched the trailer for the new Superman movie that is coming out next year. Yeah, you know where Im going right? ;o) before you go away, give me a chance to explain.

I was barely 6 years old when the first Superman movie came out back in 1978, and I remember I would stop doing whatever it was I was doing and RUN to the TV whenever I could hear they were showing the movie trailer. There was just something in watching a man fly around in a red cape that I still don't understand and that captivated me so much. Something glorious, something godly.

When I watched the trailer unfold, I immediately recognized the beautiful music John Williams wrote for the original movie, all those emotions flew (no pun intended) right back to me, and I started humming to the music.

Call me whatever you want, but I suddenly recognized the emotions I felt when I was 6, and my heart was happy.

I mean c'mon, there it was again! the same man flying in a red cape. And there it was, the same child still watching in genuine awe... again

No comments: